Friday 6 December 2013

Refocus

In September I set about to reach 20% body fat. At my last reading I reached 20.3% from a starting point of 24.4%. While the accuracy is questionable, I make sure I measure in the same way and same state each time so this is great progress none-the-less! Although I try to stay away from the scales, I had weight to loose. Now, 5.3kg/11.7lbs lighter, I am ready to adjust my goal and step into the new stage of training.

I am out for two weeks with tooth extractions which is highly frustrating, but it giving me time to plan and reminding me of my appreciation for my usual lifestyle - trying to sit still, not exercise and be restricted to eating foods that are edible with a swollen face is not getting any easier and I can't wait to get back into my usual routine.

My next aim is 18% body fat. I imagine that this will be as low as I want to go (although I will need another goal once that is reached!). It would put me well into the 'athlete' range and I should notice some muscle definition without losing my shape too much.

I will be focusing on building my bum - an area I have always struggled with - while also targeting the toning in my upper body. I will continue to concentrate on strength training for the majority of my workouts and increase the protein in my diet to allow for it.

I will post my plan once I have finished putting it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment