Friday 17 January 2014

Frugal Juicing

I absolutely love juicing. It gives me loads of energy and is a great way to cleanse your body when you are feeling a bit worse for wear. There is a lot of debate around the pros and cons of juicing (a post for another time perhaps) but since I was given an amazing juicer for my birthday in December (replacing a very basic, leaky, time-wasting one that I had before) I have noticed how much goes to waste!



I have decided to experiment with cooking and baking with the left over pulp rather than just composting it because there is still some flavour and goodness left over!

Today was attempt one...

Ingredients (serves 2)

2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp of seeds - I used pumpkin seeds
pulp from vegetable juice - I used:

  • 1 carrot
  • 2 handfuls spinach
  • 3 lettuce leaves
  • 1 celery stick

Put a non-stick pan on a low heat and add pulp for 2 minutes
Add eggs and seeds and allow to cook through, turning over once to ensure even cooking. The end result is a sort of fritatta dish that is full of flavour! I would definitely recommend it, especially if you are in a hurry as it takes just a few minutes to make.


I served mine with baked vegetables but salad would do!




I will update with any more successes I find!

2 comments:

  1. Something beautiful and wonderful and I liked it so much I hope you continue to love Mavera I wish you the best

    ReplyDelete